William is co-founder and Director of SPUR:, a group of companies working towards a world that is fair, sustainable and well - including award-winning non-profit SPUR:PROJECTS and social impact strategy house SPUR:LABS.
SPUR:’s work focuses on understanding what drives human behaviour and shifting societies and communities towards better, measureable social outcomes. This work spans mental health, sustainability and civil rights.
This has included developing the world’s first real time mental health survey that tracked the emotions of 11,000 participants around the globe to construct and open-source database of mental health data, developing impact metrics for WWF’s Earth Hour campaign or developing a low-cost mental health aid kit for refugee camps.
William is a World Economic Forum Global Shaper and Davos Annual Meeting panelist, a Gates Foundation Goalkeeper, and has represented young Australians at the G20 Young Entrepreneur Summit in Berlin while acting as the Digital Brisbane Ambassador to the German start-up community.
William was also a founding Global Talent for the UNLEASH Innovation Lab in Denmark 2017 and a Talent Facilitator in 2018 in Singapore.
In 2011, William co-founded what would become SPUR: - a group of organisations working towards a world that is fair, sustainable and well. Collectively, SPUR:'s work has reached 40 million people worldwide, across 105 countries and tracked 115,000+ instances of positive behavioural change. SPUR: consists of:
Large scale behavioural change non-profit. Established in 2011, SPUR:PROJECTS works to create change in sustainability, human rights and health through measureable and actionable impact projects. :PROJECTS has received numerous awards and recognition by the Australian Federal Government, World Economic Forum and Gates Foundation.
:LABS designs behavioural change and impact measurement strategies for business, NGOs and government to solve the world's most complex social challenges.
:LABS works with clients ranging from WWF International to Google to governments to deliver innovative and insightful strategy for social good. :LABS has developed innovative campaigns for foster care, sustainability metrics for Earth Hour and employee wellbeing programs. A profit-for-purpose business, 5% of :LABS revenue and 20% of employee time is commited to non-profit works in :PROJECTS.
There are more than sixty-five million people around the world who are living as refugees or displaced peoples. All of them have experienced trauma and many have high levels of PTSD, depression and anxiety.
Borne out of the inaugural Unleash Innovation Lab for the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals in Denmark, August 2017, Afterain is an innovative and scalable tool designed to provide subversive mental health support to the millions of people currently living in refugee and displacement camps around the world.
Afterain is a forthcoming flagship project via SPUR:PROJECTS.
Silver Award - Health
Unleash Lab SDG Solution Pitches, 2017
Create Change Award
Young Achievers Awards, Finalist, 2017
Top Young Social Entrepreneur
Business News, 2016
Australian Mental Health Prize
Cosmopolitan Media Bachelor of the Year
Jude Bugeja Peer Excellence Award
Mental Health Week Achievement Awards 2016
Youth Contribution Award
Australasian Men's Health Forum, 2013
Social Innovation Award
World Economic Forum
Global Shaper & World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Speaker
Unleash SDG Innovation Lab
Unleash SDG Innovation Lab
Global Talent, 2017
Ambassador to the Startup Community, Berlin
G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance
- Change is Happening, World Economic Forum, September 2018
- Daily Edition Interview for Oldmate Campaign, Channel 7, October 2017
- Artificial intelligence in fashion, South China Morning Post, September 2017
- Career Profile, Sydney Morning Herald, August 2017
- Future of luxury data protection, South China Morning Post, July 2017
- Reframing Perspectives: Robot Roll (autonomous vehicle future interview), ANZ Your World, June 2017
- Problem with Positivity, (mental health interview) Women's Health and Fitness, May 2017
- The Innovation Hub Helping Mines, Minors and Minds, Brisbane Times , March 2017
- Top Brisbane Social Entrepreneurs Revealed Business News, December 2016
- Brisbane hackathon delves into mental health matters. Digital Brisbane, November 2016
- Real Aussie Blokes profile, Man Up, October 2016
- QMHW 2016 Achievement Awards winners announced Queensland Mental Health Commission, October 2016
- New Brisbane App aims to check out the world is feeling ABC 612, October 2016
- William Stubbs on Social Impact, Doing Good Podcast October 2016
- Fashion and Fuck Ups Man Up TV Series, September 2016
- The Hero Myth Man Up TV Series, August 2016
- App analyses nation's mood Sydney Morning Herald, October 2014
- Pilot smartphone app to collate how Australia is feeling. ABC News, October 2014
- "Soften the Fck Up" Campaign launches, Kotaku, July 2011
- "Soften the Fck Up" Campaign launches, Lifehacker, July 2011